Tipps, Tricks und Tutorials zu allen erdenklichen Shisha-Angelegenheiten.
von 83erChevy 28.09.2010, 08:49
wie is dein Eindruck, Mephisto?
Ist das Setup den Aufwand wert?

Dass es was ausmacht hast du ja schon gesagt, aber merkt man wirklich den bombastischen Unterschied?
Oder ist es eher ein Setup für eine gelegentliche Special-Shisha, die man sich mal gönnt?

Schwacho hat geschrieben:sagt mal an, bei welchen gemüsehändler ihr so euer obst kauft?
von mephisto 28.09.2010, 13:05
der tabak schmeckt schon verdammt gut. aber ich glaube nicht dass es den aufwand wert ist.
ab und an mal gerne aber nur so rauchen wäre echt übertrieben.
von Shisha Palace 02.03.2011, 16:45
Hier noch ein Bericht wie man Tangiers rauchen sollte von hookah-shisha.com

Bild

Tangiers Hookah Tobacco: The How-To Guide to Smoking Tangiers

Several words come to mind when describing Tangiers Hookah Tobacco: Esoteric. Intricate. Loyalty. Let me explain; Tangiers is a hookah tobacco that requires special instructions, care, patience, and work. But once you get Tangiers to smoke right (and believe me it will take some trial and error to get it right), you are a Tangiers fan for life. People swear by this stuff! However, many people can’t get it right and give up. There are tons of videos and discussions all over the internet about how to smoke Tangiers, but you may find some conflicting advice. Let me lay it all out for you:

1) Acclimating your Tangiers Hookah Tobacco: Basically you’re going to need to adjust your Tangiers to your unique climate conditions. Due to varying climates (temperature and humidity play a big role in this), each individual’s acclimation process will be different. Keep in mind that it will need to acclimate in the environment you’re going to smoke it in (you don’t want to acclimate your hookah tobacco in your 45° garage and then smoke it indoors at 75°). Find a wide, shallow container to pour your hookah tobacco into. I find that it’s best to use approximately 100 grams at a time. Mix it well and often. Once an hour is a good starting point. At first, your hookah tobacco will have an aroma similar to soy sauce or barbecue sauce. That’s normal. But if you smoke Tangiers while it is in this state, you will have a harsh, difficult to enjoy session. Keep mixing, exposing all of your hookah tobacco to the air (in other words, without a lid or cover) until the soy sauce smell goes away. Pretend you’re mixing cheese into your macaroni. You wouldn’t want to eat the noodles without the cheese would ya? No. Believe me, you won’t want to smoke this until all of it has been exposed to the air long enough either. A good rule to follow is to wait until your hookah flavor actually smells like what you ordered. Again, this process can take anywhere from 4 hours to several days depending on how often you stir, how consistent your environment is, and how well it’s evenly distributed and exposed to the air. I understand this seems like a lot of information, but trust me, this is very important. Be patient. The payoff will come.

2) How to Pack your Bowl: Forget what you know about packing hookah tobacco. The rules do not apply here. Grab a Phunnel Bowl, Foil, and a small fork. You will want to pack your hookah bowl as densely as it is in the bag. How do you do this? Easy. Take your small fork and shovel your Tangiers hookah tobacco into your Phunnel Bowl, packing it down firmly until it is flush with the top of your bowl. Make sure you remove all tobacco from around the center spire. Place the foil on top of your bowl, pressing down to compact your hookah tobacco. This will even out any areas of your tobacco and ultimately show you if you need to put more on. The picture below is a good representation of a properly loaded bowl of Tangiers.

Bild
Bild

3) Air Flow: Once you have the right amount of hookah tobacco in your bowl and it is firmly pressed down (like the picture above), carefully lift the foil off the hookah tobacco just enough to flatten the foil around the bowl. This will create just enough of a passage between the spire and the foil for proper air flow. You’ll want to poke medium sized holes in your foil and a lot of them. I recommend using a thick toothpick. Also, I find you get better air flow if you poke down into the shisha a bit, not just deep enough to puncture the foil. And don’t forget about the center. You’ll want it covered in holes as well. See below.

Bild

4) Heat Management: If you’re using square Natural Hookah Charcoals (such as Coco Nara Coals or Exotica Coals), they tend to burn hotter than other coals, so you may want to cut them into 1/2 traingles. Next proceed by putting 2 half triangles on. The key is to start with low heat, smoke for a few minutes. If it’s not smoking right yet, add another half triangle piece. Keep adding heat until you start blowing some majorly thick puffy clouds. I like to rotate my coals while smoking Tangiers quite frequently – every 5 minutes or so. I have a Phunnel Bowl and I end up using 4 or 5 half triangle Coco Nara coals. They only last about 40 minutes, but then again, they’re halves so I’m not wasting a lot of coal. If you’re using Quicklight Hookah Coals, I recommend cutting them into halves as well. You DO NOT want to burn Tangiers hookah tobacco (or any brand of hookah tobacco for that matter). You’ll end up needing to take out all of the burnt shisha and starting over. This requires a bit of patience as well. The key is to start slow with low heat and work your way up.

This may not be the easiest or the fastest brand of hookah tobacco to prepare, but some of their flavors are untouchable! Ever stop to think about how many ingredients and steps go into making something as simple as a cake? I doubt it. All we care about is that the cake tastes delicious. That’s the mentality behind Tangiers Hookah Tobacco. At first, it may seem crazy, overwhelming, and frustrating to get right. But once you get it right, it’s worth it! Consider this a challenge! Happy Smoking friends!
von Zmuggi 02.03.2011, 20:25
Ich sag mal das is die volle Tabak verschwendung.
Da rauch ich 4 mal und 250g sind futsch.

Ich find das lohnt sich nich. Zum testen ja aber sonnst NO :)

LG Zmuggi
von 83erChevy 03.03.2011, 09:11
Ich glaube, dass die Mengenempfehlung einfach nur zur Umsatzvergrößerung gemacht wird.
Man kann Tangiers - wie jeden anderen Tabak auch - in vernĂĽnftigen Mengen rauchen.

Schwacho hat geschrieben:sagt mal an, bei welchen gemüsehändler ihr so euer obst kauft?
von Xantharon 06.10.2011, 11:08
Letztens Gemacht .... Ami-setup mit der Powerbowl XXL .... sind glaub ich 100 - 120 g heiĂź geliebten Nakhla Kirsch draufgegangen :twisted: (Tabak war ne Seifen-Fehlproduktion, mit Auswaschen und genug elements-Molasse rauchbar gemacht).

Man darf zwar nachher die Putzkolonne holen und man braucht minimum 8 Stunden Zeit zum anrauchen (sarkasmus) aber lustig wars allemal xD

Das Ami-Setup selbst ist meiner unmaßgeblichen Meinung nach nur für kleine Phunnels, Chinaheads und ägyptische Köpfe geeignet ( max 20g Tabak).

Raucht aber auf jeden fall, jedes mal Extremst.
von Nichtraucher 06.10.2011, 13:17
Ein Freund von mir raucht nur "Ami Setup". Das dann allerdings nicht täglich, sonst ist man schnell arm ;)) :shisha4:

Ich mach das ca. 1 Monat.. Bin eh nicht so der Vielraucher. Ungefähr 1-3 mal die Woche! Aber dann richtig ;) :shisha4: :shisha3: :shisha2: